Old 09-14-2012, 12:50 PM
"Bryn M. Reeves"

Default Why did they f*ck with GIMP?

On 09/14/2012 01:41 PM, Claude Jones wrote:
> On 09/14/2012 06:26 AM, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
>> What is it that you don't like in the new GIMP? For me the single window
>> interface is far preferable to the old lets-hunt-around-the-workspace
>> mode and it's optional if you do prefer the free-floating layout.
>
> I've always disliked the free floating windows but, I still have them.
> How do I implement the single window interface? I've got 2.6

It was new in 2.7 so you'll need to update. F16 still has 2.6 but if you
can't update to F17 (which has 2.8.2) now you might find that Niels
Philippsen's gimp unstable repos for Fedora allow you to use a somewhat
newer version:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-September/156359.html

There are updates to the F16 packages from earlier this year but I don't
know how usable they are at the moment.

Building later gimp for earlier Fedora is tricky due to it depending on
newer gegl and babl packages.

Regards,
Bryn.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:32 PM