-   -   php question (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/703048-php-question.html)

François Patte 09-12-2012 07:51 AM

php question

Jon Ingason 09-12-2012 09:43 AM

php question

2012-09-12 09:51, François Patte skrev:

--
Regards
Jon Ingason

Reindl Harald 09-12-2012 09:49 AM

php question

Am 12.09.2012 11:43, schrieb Jon Ingason:
> 2012-09-12 09:51, François Patte skrev:
> Bonjour,
>
> In order to write a readme for the installation of php scripts on a web
> server, I would like to know if it is possible to deactivate (without
> uninstalling them) php packages installed on my machine.
>
>> You can change the name of /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf to /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf- and restart or reload your
>> webserver

this does not change the fact that /etc/php.d/ is searched for
ini-files from the extension-packages, so you have to edit
them all

additionally rename is a very bad idea because the config
files from packages would come back with any update

so you have to comment out things in the config-files which
results in ".rpmnew"-versions get installed due updates

Remi Collet 09-12-2012 11:49 AM

php question

Joe Zeff 09-12-2012 05:27 PM

php question

You can change the name of /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf to
/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf- and restart or reload your webserver.

AFAICT, you've suggested changing the name of the file from John Doe to
John Doe; how do you expect that to make a difference? I hope that's
not what you meant, and that there's a typo someplace.

Rick Stevens 09-12-2012 05:42 PM

php question

On 09/12/2012 10:27 AM, Joe Zeff uttered this comment:

You can change the name of /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf to
/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf- and restart or reload your webserver.

AFAICT, you've suggested changing the name of the file from John Doe to
John Doe; how do you expect that to make a difference? I hope that's
not what you meant, and that there's a typo someplace.

Look carefully and you'll see he appended a "-" to the end of the
filename, "php.conf-". It should be more blatant. I tend to prepend
things with "x-", e.g. "x-php.conf"

Joe Zeff 09-12-2012 05:55 PM

php question

On 09/12/2012 10:27 AM, Joe Zeff uttered this comment:

You can change the name of /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf to
/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf- and restart or reload your webserver.

AFAICT, you've suggested changing the name of the file from John Doe to
John Doe; how do you expect that to make a difference? I hope that's
not what you meant, and that there's a typo someplace.

Look carefully and you'll see he appended a "-" to the end of the
filename, "php.conf-". It should be more blatant. I tend to prepend
things with "x-", e.g. "x-php.conf"

Ah. I'd thought that was intended as punctuation of some sort. I like
to use .bad, .old, .orig or something of that sort. That way, I not
only know it's been disabled, but why.

Jack Craig 09-12-2012 06:03 PM

php question

You can change the name of /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf to

/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf- and restart or reload your webserver.

AFAIK, adding a '-' is not the equivalent of the original... :)