Old 09-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Ed Greshko

Default Japanese fonts for romaji input

On 09/11/2012 07:46 AM, jonetsu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are many nice fonts for rendering kanji characters.
> Unfortunately the ones that I got so far does not work with the standard
> ibus anthy romaji input. Many render the resulting kanji as a square,
> no matter what. They are mapped directly to the keyboard keys and so
> are useless. Also, I have noticed that Gimp text input does not seem
> to work with ibus/anthy - is this a configuration issue ?

I can use ibus/anthy input with GIMP text just fine.

> What are the nice stylistic Japanese fonts out there that can be used
> with romaji input ? What is the method ? Are the words typed as usual
> using the basic Fedora Japanese support and ibus/anthy, and then
> selected and changed to other style of fonts ? I would like to use
> libreoffice primarily, but if it works with Gimp that would be also
> nice.
>
> ありがとうございます!

What fonts have you tried?

Old 09-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Ed Greshko

On 09/11/2012 08:32 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> What fonts have you tried?

I don't use Japanese all that much.... I'm checking with some of my friends to see if they know of any good rpm's to download and install.

However, I found this page....

http://www.geocities.jp/ep3797/japanese_fonts.html

I followed the instructions for Puchi Kuma, downloaded the zip file and installed the ttf using fonts management under KDE....and it worked fine. Cute font. :-)