Old 09-10-2012, 11:46 PM
jonetsu

Default Japanese fonts for romaji input

Hello,

There are many nice fonts for rendering kanji characters.
Unfortunately the ones that I got so far does not work with the standard
ibus anthy romaji input. Many render the resulting kanji as a square,
no matter what. They are mapped directly to the keyboard keys and so
are useless. Also, I have noticed that Gimp text input does not seem
to work with ibus/anthy - is this a configuration issue ?

What are the nice stylistic Japanese fonts out there that can be used
with romaji input ? What is the method ? Are the words typed as usual
using the basic Fedora Japanese support and ibus/anthy, and then
selected and changed to other style of fonts ? I would like to use
libreoffice primarily, but if it works with Gimp that would be also
nice.

ありがとうございます!