Old 09-09-2012, 03:05 PM
DB

Default Clams

On 09/09/2012 02:00 PM, users-request@lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:

Sound advice indeed....and slowly but surely I'm getting the hang of
it....but like......what you just described would have been for
me?.....a TOTAL re-installation of EVERYTHING!......I wonder if there's
a "manual" with all the commands one might need? And then another
question would be: Are the commands different dependent on the distro
you use?...will the same commands work in Ubuntu.....Fedora.....Linux
Mint......Mandriva etc? And I guess THIS is the reason a lot of people
won't live Windows....because there's just TOO much information to
absorb....at times I almost feel like crawling back into my "Regedit" /
"Task Manager" hole and staying there, but after being exposed to Linux
I don't think I could EVER allow myself to fall back into that
ignorant......close-minded state. Soooo......If it means hours upon
hours of studying Linux commands then so be it. Eventually I think I'm
going to pursue a "cert" in Linux...nothing major just a general cert
that can allow me to get my foot in the door,....and in doing so I'm
almost 100% certain that I'll need "terminal skills' in order to pass
the exams....

EGO II

Hi,

I've just "found" -I guess it wasn't lost, but I didn't know about it -
"The Linux Command Line" as a .pdf, some 500 pages of (to my mind)
friendly explanation of the Command Line. It shows differences between
distros, & gives lots of "go try this & see what happens....". So far
(page 120) my system still works!!!!

The file name I have is
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxcommand/files/TLCL/09.12/tlcl-09.12.pdf

The book can also be purchased ready printed from:
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/the-linux-command-line/7594184 ($40-ish)

Hope that helps

Dave

Old 09-09-2012, 04:34 PM
"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr."

[...]

OMG!...this is PERFECT! Thanks so much!!!

EGO II