Old 09-09-2012, 03:32 AM
"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr."

Default Clams.....

On 09/08/2012 11:06 PM, Doug wrote:

On 09/08/2012 10:45 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:

On 09/08/2012 10:14 PM, jdow wrote:
Um, yes, edit the configuration file. I generally speaking took the
default
example configuration. These are the first few lines for MY machine
which

is running Scientific Linux 6.3 which is a rebuild of redHat RHEL 6.3.

===8<---
##
## Example config file for freshclam
## Please read the freshclam.conf(5) manual before editing this file.
##

# Comment or remove the line below.
#Example

# Path to the database directory.
# WARNING: It must match clamd.conf's directive!
# Default: hardcoded (depends on installation options)
DatabaseDirectory /var/clamav
===8<---

This demonstrates one of the problems Linux generically suffers in the
Desktop world. It demands too much knowledge of the internal parts
of the operating system.

{^_^}