Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Jonathan Ryshpan

Default Finding Toner Level

Is there any way to find the amount of toner remaining in a Brother HL-1440 printer?* The amount of drum use?* Other than using a Windows driver.* There are counters in the printer that measure usage, but I can't find out how to access them.* Direct communication with the printer via the console is OK.

Thanks - jon

Old 09-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Dale Dellutri

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Is there any way to find the amount of toner remaining in a Brother HL-1440
> printer? The amount of drum use? Other than using a Windows driver. There
> are counters in the printer that measure usage, but I can't find out how to
> access them. Direct communication with the printer via the console is OK.

Do you have the optional network interface? If so, the interface provides a
built-in web server that you can use to manage the device.

--
Dale Dellutri