Old 09-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Bruno Wolff III

Default Upgrading from F16 to F17 fails

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 16:05:00 -0600,
JD <jd1008@gmail.com> wrote:

I will wait for fc18 in the hopes it will do a better job of
upgrading from 16 to 18.
The yum route, due to the time it takes to download everything, and
the tenuous
nature of the electric service and the network provider's
"instability", seems to

cause me other issues.

16 to 18 is still going to have the file system layout change. It is likely
to go even less smooth doing a two release jump instead of just one.

You can use the DVD is a repo when doing a yum upgrade and save on the
downloading.

If you don't have a lot of custom config, you will probably be better off
doing a fresh install (after backing up /home) than an update.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Andy Blanchard