Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Mike Wright

Default how to make thunderbird use utf-8?

Hi all,

This may be a bit OT but I know where the geniuses lurk.

Whenever I send an email using Thunderbird the following header is
always included:

How do I change it to charset=UTF-8?

I have climbed throughout about:config and changed/re-ordered everything
that mentions ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 and still all outbound mail contains
the undesired header information.

I think that header causes Latin-Extended to show up as blobs with a ?
inside; here's one: Should be a US cent sign.

Or am I looking in the wrong place? Locale or something?

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks always,
Mike Wright

Old 09-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Mike Wright

This may be a bit OT but I know where the geniuses lurk.

Whenever I send an email using Thunderbird the following header is
always included:

How do I change it to charset=UTF-8?

I have climbed throughout about:config and changed/re-ordered everything
that mentions ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 and still all outbound mail contains
the undesired header information.

I think that header causes Latin-Extended to show up as blobs with a ?
inside; here's one: Should be a US cent sign.

Or am I looking in the wrong place? Locale or something?

Anybody have any suggestions?

Doesn't it figure. For some reason, even after a restart, it now works.
Possibly a caching issue.

Sorry for the noise.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Tim