Old 09-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Stowell Davison

Default Fedora 17 does not see Atheros AR8161L ethernet device on HP h8-1320t

I recently installed Fedora 17, 64 bit, on an HP h8-1320t.* The machine has an on-board ethernet port (RJ-45).* According to the machine's spec sheet, that is device is an "Atheros AR8161L".

Fedora does not see that interface device at all.* Dmesg and /var/log/messages contain no mention of "Atheros AR8161L" or any useful substring thereof.* There are no *eth0* files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.

I know that the port hardware works because I was able to make network connections from the machine using MS Windows.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stowe Davison
http://nic-nac-project.de/~davison