-   -   Problem setting keyboard type - (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/700852-problem-setting-keyboard-type.html)

"Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" 09-05-2012 04:35 PM

Problem setting keyboard type -

I have two F-17 64 bit computers in which once I selected "US
International" keyboard under Administration > Keyboard that
selection seems always to come up in reboot although the selection
has been changed to "US English." That change takes effect once I go
through the motion of changing it, that is to bring up the GUI menu
and close it while doing nothing else, it already says US Keyboard
is selected, apparently "closing" that menu restore the US settings
until user bobg logs off, when I log on again I have to "fix" the
keyboard. problem.

I tried creating a new user "rfg" and logged off/on with the same
problem.

Any idea what is wrong?

Bob

--