Old 09-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Alan Cox

Default Access to /var/spool/mail/ with thunderbird (F17 for example)

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 13:57:48 +0200
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> a general question: anybody knows whether it's possible to have access
> to the mail spool directory /var/spool/mail/<username> with thunderbird
> so I have a unique interface to read external and internal emails?

You can certainly run your own imap server set to allow only local access
and achieve this.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Frank Murphy

On 05/09/12 12:57, Joachim Backes wrote:

Hi all,

a general question: anybody knows whether it's possible to have access
to the mail spool directory /var/spool/mail/<username> with thunderbird
so I have a unique interface to read external and internal emails?

Kind regards

https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Edit > Account Settings > Account Actions > Add other account

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 09-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Joachim Backes

On 09/05/2012 03:07 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 05/09/12 12:57, Joachim Backes wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> a general question: anybody knows whether it's possible to have access
>> to the mail spool directory /var/spool/mail/<username> with thunderbird
>> so I have a unique interface to read external and internal emails?
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de>
>>
>> https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes
>>

> Edit > Account Settings > Account Actions > Add other account

Thanks Frank!

Solved my problem. Only a little bit difficult to configure *all*
important options.

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Ian Pilcher

On 09/05/2012 09:30 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Solved my problem. Only a little bit difficult to configure *all*
> important options.

Can you share how you did it?

I've been running a local POP3 server, because I've never been able to
figure out how to make "direct" access work.