Old 09-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Thomas Cameron

Default Cheese webcam software - audio and video out of sync

On 09/11/2012 10:01 AM, Ian Malone wrote:

On 2 September 2012 20:42, Thomas Cameron
<thomas.cameron@camerontech.com> wrote:

I was just playing around with Cheese on my Lenovo T510 laptop. It's a
relatively fast laptop, with a pretty new i7 CPU and 8GB memory.

I noticed that, even at the lowest resolution possible, I get a bad audtio
delay. In other words, when I play back the video, my lips move but the
sound follows like three seconds later.

Anyone else seeing this? Any pointers? My Google-fu is weak today.

Which version of Fedora are you using? There are a number of cheese
bugs leading to terrible encoding performance that are only fixed in
F17, not F16.

Sorry, should have been more clear. F17 x86_64, up to date as of today.

TC