-   -   Umlaut '' not displayed correctly in Firefox/Chrome (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/698828-umlaut-ue-not-displayed-correctly-firefox-chrome.html)

Tim 08-29-2012 12:22 PM

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 12:42 +0200, Felix Schwarz wrote:
> Interestingly the problem seems related to HTML headlines (<h3>,
> <h2>, ...) but not regular text.

Most likely, because a different font is used for each (even if not
readily apparent, because they look the same).

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Lailah 08-30-2012 12:27 PM

Umlaut '' not displayed correctly in Firefox/Chrome

Did you try looking for localization in Yum /Apper / Whatever?* Maybe your system or desktop localization is not complete.* See if it is not a lack of fonts to read and write well in Deutsche.* See at your desktop configuration* (KDE always gives me strange surprises about this).* See in Firefox Settings what languages are preferred.* Usually is English.* The same for Chrome.* See what fonts they use by default, may be is a font problem.

Report a bug.

Hope this can help you

Lailah