-   -   Bryant Font on Art Wiki Banner (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/69123-bryant-font-art-wiki-banner.html)

Máirín Duffy 04-13-2008 08:06 PM

Bryant Font on Art Wiki Banner

Frank Murphy wrote:

The Bryant Font, used in the art wiki banner.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork

Is that available to be used on the "Amateur Radio" sig banner,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/AmateurRadio
or would I need to go off get a licence?

That's not Bryant. It looks like a gothic font, maybe Gothic Sans.
Although I would recommend MgOpen Modata, as it complements the Fedora
logo quite well. Both fonts should be free and available in Fedora.

~m

Máirín Duffy 04-13-2008 08:07 PM

Bryant Font on Art Wiki Banner

Klaatu and Gort wrote:

If there are licensing issues with Bryant, there is a very similar
font called "Howie's Funhouse", available for free at
http://www.dafont.com/howies-funhouse.font

Is that free as in beer or free as in free speech? I don't see a license
on that page.

~m

Frank Murphy 04-13-2008 09:38 PM

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 16:06 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Frank Murphy wrote:
> > The Bryant Font, used in the art wiki banner.
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork
> >
> > Is that available to be used on the "Amateur Radio" sig banner,
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/AmateurRadio
> > or would I need to go off get a licence?
>
> That's not Bryant. It looks like a gothic font, maybe Gothic Sans.
> Although I would recommend MgOpen Modata, as it complements the Fedora
> logo quite well. Both fonts should be free and available in Fedora.

Will check them out the next day or two in prelim designs.
Will post for critfeedback.

Frank