Old 08-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Ed Greshko

Default kernel-headers downgrade failure

Today the kernel was updated to 3.5.0-2. However, this has caused a breakage in compiling the VirtualBox Guest Additions.

So, I wanted to go back to 3.4.6-2 and downgrade kernel-headers.

I was under the impression that "yum downgrade" would result in going back on version. But, the downgrade resulted in installing kernel-headers-3.3.4-5 and I could not find the kernel-headers-3.4.6-2 package anywhere.

I don't think this is "normal" but don't know the best wait to report the problem. Of course I'll report the breakage in 3.5.0-2 but how about the missing kernel-headers-3.4.6-2 ?