Old 08-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Sam Varshavchik

Default gnome 3 extensions

Patrick Dupre writes:

Thus, I do not know how to debug the issues.
Would you help?

You will probably find that it will be much less work to simply run "yum
groupinstall xfce", and end up with a useful desktop.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Patrick Dupre

On 2012-08-03 01:00, Michael Schwendt wrote:

On 2012-08-02 22:12, Germán A. Racca wrote:
> On 08/02/2012 04:16 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have 3 machines:
>> 1) Fedora 16 i686
>> 2) Fedora 16 x86_64
>> 3) Fedora 17 x86_64
>> All forced fallback mode ON
>
> Do you mean that you aren't using gnome-shell but classical
fallback

> mode? If the answer is yes, how can you speak about "extensions"?
> Those are for gnome-shell!

I run Forced Fallback Mode ON on the 3 machines, and on one I get
the

gnome extensions!

Are you sure you're not confusing applets with extensions?

# yum list gnome-applet*

Bravissimo,

Correct, I do not need any extension, gnome-applet is fine. Before, ie
before fedora 15, if was by default.

Thank,

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.4.6-2.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.02 0.24 0.40