Old 08-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default enabliing junk mail in evolution

I have ben using junk mail processing in evolution since it appeared in
RedHat and/or Fedora Linux. I have never before been unable to enable
junk mail processing. But now in F17 it is not working for me. Below are
the instructions from the evolution help to enable Junk mail
processing.
But when I right click on a message there is no Junk Mail Settings
option. Any ideas out there other than ask the evolution list which I
will do if I get frustrated enough?

Enabling or Disabling Your Junk Mail List
1. Right-click on a message and select the Junk Mail
Settingsoption.

2. Specify whether you wish to Enable or Disable junk mail
handling.

3. Click on the OK button.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:22 PM
"Mark C. Allman"

On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 11:12 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I have ben using junk mail processing in evolution since it appeared in
> RedHat and/or Fedora Linux. I have never before been unable to enable
> junk mail processing. But now in F17 it is not working for me. Below are
> the instructions from the evolution help to enable Junk mail
> processing.
> But when I right click on a message there is no Junk Mail Settings
> option. Any ideas out there other than ask the evolution list which I
> will do if I get frustrated enough?
>
> Enabling or Disabling Your Junk Mail List
> 1. Right-click on a message and select the Junk Mail
> Settingsoption.
>
> 2. Specify whether you wish to Enable or Disable junk mail
> handling.
>
> 3. Click on the OK button.
>

> --
> ================================================== =====================
> You can't run away forever, But there's nothing wrong with getting a
> good head start. -- Jim Steinman, "Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through"
> ================================================== =====================
> Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net

Junk mail setting are set mail account by mail account. Go to
Edit/Preferences and edit each account listed in the "Mail Accounts"
section. It's on the "Receiving Options" tab when you select and
account and click "edit."

When I right-click on a mail messages I can mark it as spam but that's
it (for spam, that is). I don't recall ever seeing where I can adjust
settings from there. It may have been there and I just never noticed.
I don't see it now.

--
Mark C. Allman, PMP, CSM
Founder, See How You Ski

Old 08-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Aaron Konstam

On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 12:22 -0400, Mark C. Allman wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 11:12 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > I have ben using junk mail processing in evolution since it appeared in
> > RedHat and/or Fedora Linux. I have never before been unable to enable
> > junk mail processing. But now in F17 it is not working for me. Below are
> > the instructions from the evolution help to enable Junk mail
> > processing.
> > But when I right click on a message there is no Junk Mail Settings
> > option. Any ideas out there other than ask the evolution list which I
> > will do if I get frustrated enough?
> >
> > Enabling or Disabling Your Junk Mail List
> > 1. Right-click on a message and select the Junk Mail
> > Settingsoption.
> >
> > 2. Specify whether you wish to Enable or Disable junk mail
> > handling.
> >
> > 3. Click on the OK button.
> >

> > --
> > ================================================== =====================
> > You can't run away forever, But there's nothing wrong with getting a
> > good head start. -- Jim Steinman, "Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through"
> > ================================================== =====================
> > Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net
> >

> Junk mail setting are set mail account by mail account. Go to
> Edit/Preferences and edit each account listed in the "Mail Accounts"
> section. It's on the "Receiving Options" tab when you select and
> account and click "edit."
>
> When I right-click on a mail messages I can mark it as spam but that's
> it (for spam, that is). I don't recall ever seeing where I can adjust
> settings from there. It may have been there and I just never noticed.
> I don't see it now.
No spam is controlled under prefernces -> Mail Preferences -> Junk

But does not work. Does it work for anyone out there?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:57 PM
"Mark C. Allman"

--
Mark C. Allman, PMP, CSM
Founder, See How You Ski
Allman Professional Consulting, Inc., www.allmanpc.com
617-947-4263, Twitter: @allmanpc

Follow allmanpc on Twitter View Mark Allman, PMP, CSM's profile on
LinkedIn

On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 20:14 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 12:22 -0400, Mark C. Allman wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 11:12 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > > I have ben using junk mail processing in evolution since it appeared in
> > > RedHat and/or Fedora Linux. I have never before been unable to enable
> > > junk mail processing. But now in F17 it is not working for me. Below are
> > > the instructions from the evolution help to enable Junk mail
> > > processing.
> > > But when I right click on a message there is no Junk Mail Settings
> > > option. Any ideas out there other than ask the evolution list which I
> > > will do if I get frustrated enough?
> > >
> > > Enabling or Disabling Your Junk Mail List
> > > 1. Right-click on a message and select the Junk Mail
> > > Settingsoption.
> > >
> > > 2. Specify whether you wish to Enable or Disable junk mail
> > > handling.
> > >
> > > 3. Click on the OK button.
> > >

> > > --
> > > ================================================== =====================
> > > You can't run away forever, But there's nothing wrong with getting a
> > > good head start. -- Jim Steinman, "Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through"
> > > ================================================== =====================
> > > Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net
> > >

> > Junk mail setting are set mail account by mail account. Go to
> > Edit/Preferences and edit each account listed in the "Mail Accounts"
> > section. It's on the "Receiving Options" tab when you select and
> > account and click "edit."
> >
> > When I right-click on a mail messages I can mark it as spam but that's
> > it (for spam, that is). I don't recall ever seeing where I can adjust
> > settings from there. It may have been there and I just never noticed.
> > I don't see it now.
> No spam is controlled under prefernces -> Mail Preferences -> Junk
>
> But does not work. Does it work for anyone out there?
>

> --
> ================================================== =====================
> I've already told you more than I know.
> ================================================== =====================
> Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net

Each mail account has a junk setting under the "Receiving Options" tab.
The option reads "Check new messages for junk contents." It's near the
bottom. I have it working.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Fri, 2012-08-03 at 08:57 -0400, Mark C. Allman wrote:
> --
> Mark C. Allman, PMP, CSM
> Founder, See How You Ski
> Allman Professional Consulting, Inc., www.allmanpc.com
> 617-947-4263, Twitter: @allmanpc
>
> Follow allmanpc on Twitter View Mark Allman, PMP, CSM's profile on
> LinkedIn
>

> On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 20:14 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:

I can't figure out what you are telling to do to get junk processing to
work,