-   -   F17 GNOME 3 dual monitor problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/689719-f17-gnome-3-dual-monitor-problem.html)

Paul Erickson 08-02-2012 12:22 AM

F17 GNOME 3 dual monitor problem

I have installed F17 on an A7V8X-X with an Athlon 2500 cpu with 2.5Gb of
memory with a
Quadro NVS 280 64MB AGP8X video card. Installation went fine and I was
able to add enough
extensions to GNOME 3 to make it usable, but when I add a second
monitor, I get a
"GNOME 3 failed to start" starting in fall back mode. The monitors are
identical Samsung
SyncMaster 740N's. A web search reveals that others are having problems
with dual monitors,

but so far I have seen no solutions.

Anyone found a solution for this?

cheers, Paul