Old 08-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Frank Murphy

Default Rereate /etc/crypttab ?

Though a rawhide vm.
More of a general question.

I can only boot to emergency shell in the vm itself
or if netinstall.iso cd is used.
and systmed is mounted under "chroot /mnt/sysimage"
all commands fail due to "running in chroot: ignoring request"

Looking at:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/Installation_Guide/apcs04s06.html

Finding it difficult without gpm (mouse console)
to help with copy and paste.

Any one handed ideas?

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 08-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Roberto Ragusa

On 08/01/2012 07:44 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> Though a rawhide vm.
> More of a general question.
>
> I can only boot to emergency shell in the vm itself
> or if netinstall.iso cd is used.
> and systmed is mounted under "chroot /mnt/sysimage"
> all commands fail due to "running in chroot: ignoring request"
>
> Looking at:
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/Installation_Guide/apcs04s06.html
>
> Finding it difficult without gpm (mouse console)
> to help with copy and paste.
>
> Any one handed ideas?

As regards how to copy&paste in a console without gpm, you can try
shell tricks like:

the_command_which_prints_something_you_want | grep more_or_less_the_good_part >>/etc/crypttab

then you only have to delete the garbage from /etc/crypttab and rearrange
things (with a text editor).

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it