Old 09-18-2011, 08:52 PM
wayward4now

Default Thunderbird question

When I send a message, instead of the process happening in the
background, ala Evolution, it puts a "sending message box smack dab in
the middle of my workspace with a progress bar indicating that it is
dutifully fulfilling it's function. I'd rather not be bothered with this
display... and have it backgrounded so I can get back to email. I've
looked and don't find a way to disable the notification. Anyone know?
Thanks in advance. The thing is annoying. Ric

Old 09-19-2011, 01:01 AM
"Jeff G."

When I send a message, instead of the process happening in the
background, ala Evolution, it puts a "sending message box smack dab in
the middle of my workspace with a progress bar indicating that it is
dutifully fulfilling it's function. I'd rather not be bothered with this
display... and have it backgrounded so I can get back to email. I've
looked and don't find a way to disable the notification. Anyone know?
Thanks in advance. The thing is annoying. Ric

mail.biff.alert.show_sender
set to false?
mailnews.sendInBackground;false
set to true?