Old 08-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Ed Greshko

Default Unable To Update.....

"eoconnor25@gmail.com" <eoconnor25@gmail.com> wrote:

>Well I'm ALMOST sure my acct is root....I don't remember creating a
>different username/acct when I first installed Fedora. And when I
>install software and I get prompted for a password....the same one that
>logs me in also gets me past authentication.....bit there have been
>times when I'm in terminal....where I'm not permitted to do
>something...and the response I get is the system telling me that I need
>to "be" root.....so I dunno....how can I be a root acct when I have no
>permissions...?

Oh....that sounds different from what I thought you did. What you *probably* did was to check the box on the create user which places the account in the wheel group. In that case try "sudo rm /etc/yum.repos.d/whatever"

--
Sent from my Android tablet with K-9 Mail.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 AM
"Eddie O'Connor"

Cool!....Iwill!...you have so much knowledge about this stuff...and you claim to do this for fun!!???

Old 08-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 07:08:35 -0400, eoconnor25@gmail.com wrote:

> Well I'm ALMOST sure my acct is root....

Could you show the terminal output of the "id" command?

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.4.6-2.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.10 0.19 0.22

Old 08-02-2012, 12:58 AM
"EGO2.1"