-   -   update from another machine -> local cache repo (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/688902-update-another-machine-local-cache-repo.html)

Reindl Harald 07-29-2012 08:06 PM

Am 29.07.2012 21:10, schrieb Patrick Dupre:
> Hello,
>
> At home I have a slow internet connection, Thus, I would like to
> prepare an update but only download the packages to another
> machine and then copy the file on a stick to make the update from
> the stick.
>
> How can I do it?

i have one build/repo-machine (virtual machine) which
as installed each package i am using on any machine

the script below results in having a complete repo
on /repo/cache/fc16/ or whatever release version there
is running and this can be copied to any other
machine and after create a rep-file at /etc/yum.repos.d/
used for updates

in my real work all other machines have only this repo
enabled and so my buildserver is also the instance for
testing updates and deploy them with another script
to any other machine in the network

[root@buildserver:/buildserver]$ cat repo-cache.sh
#!/bin/bash
basearch=`uname -i`
releasever=`rpm -q --qf "%{version}
" fedora-release`
for g in `ls -1b /var/cache/yum`
do
if [ -d /var/cache/yum/$g/packages ]
then
echo "/var/cache/yum/$g/packages/ > /repo/cache/fc$releasever/"
sudo cp --verbose /var/cache/yum/$g/packages/*.rpm /repo/cache/fc$releasever/ 2> /dev/null
fi
done
createrepo /repo/cache/fc$releasever/
chmod -R 755 /repo/cache/fc$releasever/