Old 07-31-2012, 12:48 AM
Bill Shirley

Default systemd and ssh/ftp

On 7/29/2012 3:17 PM, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:

On 29.07.2012 21:11, Joe Zeff wrote:

On 07/29/2012 12:01 PM, pringler01@gmail.com wrote:

Sorry if this sarcasm get to someone, i get to me than someone teaches
me what i already know and in the FOOS world tell me what to do (what is
this apple inc?), i am asking for some ideas not leasons.

OK, now tell us why you thought that disabling your firewall would
help. And, for that matter, why disable SELinux[1] unless you're
getting alerts and the troubleshooter's suggestions don't help.
Sometimes, getting people to stop doing Bad Things is just as
important as helping them fix what's wrong and in this case, it could
also help you avoid future issues.

[1]Cargo Cult sysadminning at its worst, IMAO.

I don't think it's your job to tell OP how he should protect his system.
It's up to him. If you can't provide information he asked for just
ignore this topic. He is free to enable/disable his SELinux and firewall
any time he likes to.

Mateusz Marzantowicz
It's the same reason you would say "Drive safely and wear your seat
belt". It's good advice.

Bill

Old 07-31-2012, 01:43 AM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"