Old 07-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Patrick Dupre

Default installation fails

Hello,

I failed several times to install fedora.
It seems to be caused by the sleeping of the DVD reader.
How can I awake it up?
It stops to run typically during the configuration of the installation.

Thank.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:18 AM
Ed Greshko

On 07/29/2012 09:59 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> I failed several times to install fedora.
> It seems to be caused by the sleeping of the DVD reader.
> How can I awake it up?
> It stops to run typically during the configuration of the installation.

I just did a fresh install of F17 x64 on HP hardware. The last phase of the installation takes a fair amount of time. It "seems" to hang and do nothing. I didn't time it, but I feel it was more than 5 minutes. How long did you wait before deciding it failed?

Alternatively, why don't you install from one of the LiveCD's? Or, if you have a fast internet connection, do a network install. (Which reminds me....will have to try a network install too....just to become familiar with it....)

--
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage