-   -   Linux note-taking apps -- what's your favorite (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/687248-linux-note-taking-apps-whats-your-favorite.html)

Max Pyziur 07-25-2012 11:01 AM

Linux note-taking apps -- what's your favorite

Greetings,

I'm considering using one of Linux's note-taking apps:
Zim
gnote
tomboy
and some others.

Any personal favorites from their respective user bases?

Much thanks,

Max Pyziur
pyz@brama.com

Zoltan Hoppar 07-25-2012 11:12 AM

Linux note-taking apps -- what's your favorite

Hi,

If you under KDE, you can choose basKet too, if you like hierarchic
organised notetaking, and notekeeper, Jpilot, and more. Digg around
PIMs, and such.

Zoltan

2012/7/25 Max Pyziur <pyz@brama.com>:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm considering using one of Linux's note-taking apps:
> Zim
> gnote
> tomboy
> and some others.
>
> Any personal favorites from their respective user bases?
>
> Much thanks,
>
> Max Pyziur
> pyz@brama.com

PGP: 06853DF7

Heinz Diehl 07-25-2012 11:21 AM

On 25.07.2012, Max Pyziur wrote:

> Any personal favorites from their respective user bases?

Notes-mode (emacs).

http://www.isi.edu/~johnh/SOFTWARE/NOTES_MODE/

"Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" 07-25-2012 11:41 AM

Linux note-taking apps -- what's your favorite

On 25/07/12 07:01, Max Pyziur types:

Greetings,

I'm considering using one of Linux's note-taking apps:
Zim
gnote
tomboy
and some others.

Any personal favorites from their respective user bases?

Much thanks,

Max Pyziur
pyz@brama.com

Notecase.

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box9

Emilio Lopez 07-25-2012 12:01 PM

Linux note-taking apps -- what's your favorite

>I'm considering using one of Linux's note-taking apps:
>Zim
>gnote
>tomboy
>and some others.
>
>Any personal favorites from their respective user bases?

I use just kwrite.

nomnex 07-25-2012 02:13 PM

Linux note-taking apps -- what's your favorite

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 07:01:15 -0400 (EDT)
> Max Pyziur <pyz@brama.com> wrote:
>

> Greetings,
>
> I'm considering using one of Linux's note-taking apps:
> Zim
> gnote
> tomboy
> and some others.
>
> Any personal favorites from their respective user bases?
>
> Much thanks,
>
> Max Pyziur
> pyz@brama.com

Zim, as a desktop wiki. The new TOC feature is great.

Notcase is not maintained. There is a Pro version though.

You might want to take a look at Freemind. I find this app terrific.
You can set attributes/values, filters, create physical styles, and so
much more. I use Zim as a linear note taking, and Freemind for
anything else: concepts, ideas, brainstorming, to memorize software
shortcuts and commands, etc.
--
nomnex <nomnex@gmail.com>
Freenode: nomnex

"Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" 07-25-2012 03:13 PM

Linux note-taking apps -- what's your favorite

On 25/07/12 10:13, nomnex types:

http://www.notecasepro.com/

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box9

Andras Simon 07-25-2012 03:49 PM

2012/7/25, nomnex <nomnex@gmail.com>:

> You might want to take a look at Freemind. I find this app terrific.
> You can set attributes/values, filters, create physical styles, and so
> much more. I use Zim as a linear note taking, and Freemind for
> anything else: concepts, ideas, brainstorming, to memorize software
> shortcuts and commands, etc.

Judging by FreeMind's description, if the OP finds it interesting, he
should also look at emacs' org-mode (http://orgmode.org/).

Andras

DJ Delorie 07-26-2012 12:30 AM

Linux note-taking apps -- what's your favorite

Call me old-school if you like, but I still use xpostit. I have a dozen
or so xpost-it's on my desktop at any given time.

suvayu ali 07-26-2012 11:46 AM

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Andras Simon <szajmi@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/7/25, nomnex <nomnex@gmail.com>:
>
>> You might want to take a look at Freemind. I find this app terrific.
>> You can set attributes/values, filters, create physical styles, and so
>> much more. I use Zim as a linear note taking, and Freemind for
>> anything else: concepts, ideas, brainstorming, to memorize software
>> shortcuts and commands, etc.
>
> Judging by FreeMind's description, if the OP finds it interesting, he
> should also look at emacs' org-mode (http://orgmode.org/).

I would second this too if you are an emacs user. If you are a vim
user, then take a look at this vim clone of org-mode.

<https://github.com/hsitz/VimOrganizer>

--
Suvayu