-   -   HP-P1006 Laser Printer - (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/686309-hp-p1006-laser-printer.html)

Jack Craig 07-22-2012 08:37 PM

HP-P1006 Laser Printer -

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA <bobgoodwin@wildblue.net> wrote:

* *This is Fedora 17/64 XFCE. I have been trying to install a network

* *printer, HP-P1006 Laser Printer. No matter what I do when I get to

* *the end of the process and do a test page nothing prints, it just

* *shows Status: Stopped - Printer *error.

* *It seemed to require "hplip.plugin." *I've gone through the install

* *process several times, the last time with "setenforce=0" to no

* *avail. That via the Administration > Printer gui. I also tried CUPS

* *with similar results.

* *The HP-P1006 requires USB input and is connected via a D-Link

* *DP-301U USB Printer Server which is the interface between Ethernet

* *and USB and has worked without a problem for several years with a

* *Brother 5140 laser printer. I do not usually have any problem

* *setting up network printers but this one appears to be unique with

* *it's "hplip.plugin" requirement. I am not certain that my efforts to

* *install that have been successful. *At any rate "hp-setup" never

* *"finds" the printer.
i did have this issue tho...

how about hp-tools ?

* *Is anyone familiar with this problem? Any suggestions appreciated.

* *Bob

when i downloaded hp files/stuff, i got an app, hpdevicemanager that helped

* *-- * *http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD box9

Richard Vickery 07-22-2012 08:54 PM

HP-P1006 Laser Printer -

[...]

I have an HP P1005 and have to have everything installed that an hplip search in the software market - Activities -> Applications -> add/remove software - *calls up under this search (I believe there are 4 other programs), then upon printing I must make sure that I choose the second "print" option.

The other option is to uninstall every hplip program and install the xqx driver.

Paul Allen Newell 07-22-2012 09:16 PM

HP-P1006 Laser Printer -

On 7/22/2012 1:54 PM, Richard Vickery
I have an HP P1005 and have to have everything installed
that an hplip search in the software market - Activities ->
Applications -> add/remove software - *calls up under this
search (I believe there are 4 other programs), then upon
printing I must make sure that I choose the second "print"
option.

The other option is to uninstall every hplip program and
install the xqx driver.

With an HP 7510 under F16 xfce, I found that I got things running
with "system-config-printer cups hpijs hplip hplip-gui xsane". I was
then able to use hp-setup and everything behaved except some of the
lp commands (the command to check the queue if I remember
correctly). To those working, I lost other capabilities so I decided
to not work about it as it does what I want.

Whenever I move to a new fedora, I'll see if I can figure that one.

Paul

"Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" 07-22-2012 09:30 PM

HP-P1006 Laser Printer -

On 22/07/12 16:05, fred smith types: