-   -   gnome 3 extensions install fails silently (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/685626-gnome-3-extensions-install-fails-silently.html)

"Bryn M. Reeves" 07-20-2012 03:00 PM

gnome 3 extensions install fails silently

Attempting to install the "put windows" extension for gnome3:

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/39/put-windows/

I get the "Download and install 'Put Window' from extensions.gnome.org?"
dialog and OK it and the extension apparently fails to install
somewhere.

Couldn't find anything obvious (e.g. .xsession-errors) and I've managed
to install a couple of other extensions that are not currently
RPM-packaged in Fedora this way.

Any clues on how to debug this further?

Cheers,

Michael Cronenworth 07-20-2012 07:51 PM

Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> Any clues on how to debug this further?

Press ALT+F2 and type "lg" into the run prompt. Look at the "Errors" tab
for more clues.

Patrick Dupre 07-20-2012 08:03 PM

gnome 3 extensions install fails silently

Press ALT+F2 and type "lg" into the run prompt. Look at the "Errors"
tab

for more clues.

lg, I do not have such a command!

Richard Vickery 07-21-2012 05:50 AM

gnome 3 extensions install fails silently

#yum install LG

- sorry, Android tablet is not letting me

On Jul 20, 2012 1:04 PM, "Patrick Dupre" <pdupre@kegtux.org> wrote:

> On 2012-07-20 21:51, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

>> Bryn M. Reeves wrote:

>>> Any clues on how to debug this further?

>> Press ALT+F2 and type "lg" into the run prompt. Look at the "Errors" tab

>> for more clues.

> lg, I do not have such a command!

> --

#yum install lg

Ed Greshko 07-21-2012 05:54 AM

On 07/21/2012 01:50 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
> #yum install lg

This is F17....

root@f17 ~]# yum info lg
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Error: No matching Packages to list

So, may you need to explain more where you got "lg" from and what "lg" is?

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage

Olav Vitters 07-21-2012 06:33 PM

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:03:52PM +0200, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> On 2012-07-20 21:51, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> >Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> >>Any clues on how to debug this further?
> >
> >Press ALT+F2 and type "lg" into the run prompt. Look at the
> >"Errors" tab
> >for more clues.
>
> lg, I do not have such a command!

Please follow the instructions exactly. This is something specific to
ALT+F2 within GNOME shell. It won't show up in /usr/bin.

Olav

Aaron Konstam 07-21-2012 08:32 PM

On Sat, 2012-07-21 at 20:33 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:03:52PM +0200, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> > >
> > >Press ALT+F2 and type "lg" into the run prompt. Look at the
> > >"Errors" tab
> > >for more clues.
> >
> > lg, I do not have such a command!
>
> Please follow the instructions exactly. This is something specific to
> ALT+F2 within GNOME shell. It won't show up in /usr/bin.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Olav

Well you are correct. The lg command works and produces an interface I
have never seen before. But where are the options in the Window
explained. For example what does the Evaluator do and how can it be
used. Or any of the rest of the Options?