Old 07-18-2012, 11:54 AM
"G.Wolfe Woodbury"

Default F17: trying to diagnose problem with external USB drive

On 07/18/2012 08:03 AM, M. Fioretti wrote:

rsync -rpvt --delete /photo/ /media/LACIE/photo

the drives ALWAYS becomes read-only at some point, thus making rsync fail

dmesg says (complete output below) that:

[625087.410234] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, fat_free_clusters: deleting FAT entry beyond EOF
[625087.410239] FAT-fs (sdb1): Filesystem has been set read-only

Looks to me like there are too many files for the sinple FAT16 directory
structure on the device.

--
redwolfe (proventesters)

Old 07-18-2012, 05:40 PM