Old 07-17-2012, 06:50 AM
Frank Murphy

Default SOLVED Cannot Open /dev/ttyS0

On 17/07/12 06:44, Gilboa Davara wrote:

Have this problem on two rawhide and one F17 virt-guests

Cannot see what's different, to the working boxes.

Two questions:
1. Is the lack of bps in the console=ttyS0 is intended? (I usually
force the speed and word/bit, e.g. console=ttyS0,57600n8).

That was an accident.

2. Does adding rd_NO_PLYMOUTH to the kernel command line help?

This helped it work.

- GIlboa

Thanks Gilboa

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 07-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Gilboa Davara

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/07/12 06:44, Gilboa Davara wrote:
>>>

>>> Have this problem on two rawhide and one F17 virt-guests
>>>
>>> Cannot see what's different, to the working boxes.
>>

>> Two questions:
>> 1. Is the lack of bps in the console=ttyS0 is intended? (I usually
>> force the speed and word/bit, e.g. console=ttyS0,57600n8).
>

> That was an accident.
>
>> 2. Does adding rd_NO_PLYMOUTH to the kernel command line help?
>

> This helped it work.
>

>> - GIlboa
>>

> Thanks Gilboa

Happy to help.