Old 07-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Ed Greshko

Default Adding static routes with fc17

On 07/18/2012 09:16 AM, Alex wrote:
> To follow up with my previous post, actually, it does work. I didn't
> realize it, but NetworkManager was indeed installed and running. My
> experience in the past was that it wasn't configured with a "minimal"
> install.
>
> What's the proper way to switch from NetworkManager to the standard
> "network" format? I've just removed the NetworkManager packages, and
> it seems to work, but perhaps there's some configuration option I'm
> missing?

Yes, it gets installed by default even on minimal installs. Some people like it,
some hate it. I've not had a problem with it.

To disable NetworkManager and switch to the old network service I just did the
following.....

1. systemctl disable NetworkManager.service
2. chkconfig --level 345 network on
3. edit ifcfg-p2p1 to change NM_CONTROLLED="yes" to "no"

Then I rebooted.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage