Old 07-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Mark Haney

Default Can't access USB HDD as regular user.

This should be an easy one, but it's just killing me. I have a 1TB USB
hard drive that I don't normally mount on boot, just when I need to move
data over to it, like backups, etc. For some reason when I mount it
that way (using the Available Devices applet on the KDE panel) I can't
access it as my normal user, just root.

How do I fix that?

--

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant

Old 07-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Suvayu Ali

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 10:35:58AM -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> This should be an easy one, but it's just killing me. I have a 1TB
> USB hard drive that I don't normally mount on boot, just when I need
> to move data over to it, like backups, etc. For some reason when I
> mount it that way (using the Available Devices applet on the KDE
> panel) I can't access it as my normal user, just root.
>
> How do I fix that?

Maybe this post will help.
<http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-March/394507.html>

--