Old 07-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Joachim Backes

Default Weird behaviour of Nautilus with audio-CD's in F17

Hi all,

I'm running F17/x86_64 with GNOME3 and additionally nautilus as file
manager.

Anybody sees the following audio CD behaviour?

If inserting an audio CD and clicking on the computer icon of the
desktop, I see the CD drive as "CD/DVD Drive: Audio Disc". OK. Then
selecting the drive with the right mouse button shows no "Open with..."
entry. Only after a double click on the CD icon, nautilus opens a window
showing all audio tracks as .wav files. Then I have to go back with the
arrow-left icon (top/right on that window), and now I'm able for example
to select rhythmbox (with the right mouse button) as tool for opening
the CD.

That means: each time I want to play the CD, a lot of steps are needed.

How to get rid of this behaviour?

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Old 07-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Richard Vickery

I'm running F17/x86_64 with GNOME3 and additionally nautilus as file manager.

Anybody sees the following audio CD behaviour?

If inserting an audio CD and clicking on the computer icon of the desktop, I see the CD drive as "CD/DVD Drive: Audio Disc". OK. Then selecting the drive with the right mouse button shows no "Open with..." entry. Only after a double click on the CD icon, nautilus opens a window showing all audio tracks as .wav files. Then I have to go back with the arrow-left icon (top/right on that window), and now I'm able for example to select rhythmbox (with the right mouse button) as *tool for opening the CD.

That means: each time I want to play the CD, a lot of steps are needed.

How to get rid of this behaviour?

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

FWIW: I copy my music on the hard drive, then to an external or two. This way, I only have to deal with CDs once.
Cheers,
Richard.