Old 07-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Default FC17 XFCE Spin: what DM?

Hi all,

FC16 XFCE spin has been released with XFCE environment but GDM DM.

There was a time where LightDM was not really usable in Fedora because
of code issues:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/xfce/2011-May/000519.html

As far as I read, it's packaged now and seems to be usable:
http://pkgs.org/fedora-17/fedora-updates-x86_64/lightdm-gtk-1.1.6-3.fc17.x86_64.rpm.html

Those who used FC17 XFCE spin: what's the situation? Is it working OOTB?

--
RMA.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Frank Murphy

Those who used FC17 XFCE spin: what's the situation? Is it working OOTB?

No, just yum install lightdm.

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 07-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Clemens Eisserer

Hi,

>> Those who used FC17 XFCE spin: what's the situation? Is it working OOTB?
I am using this combination and it works quite well. (after manually
installing lightdm)

- Clemens