Old 07-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Christopher Svanefalk

Default Mutter rendering horribly laggy

Dear all,
I run Fedora 17 on a desktop with an i7 3930K and a Radeon HD 6570 (using the default, open source drivers packaged with Fedora). My DE is Gnome3.
I have noticed that going into Expose (for lack of a better word) mode - where all open windows on a workspace get tiled up and you get to see the additional menus - renders very poorly. It is jumpy, laggy, slow, and nowhere near as smooth as the similar feature on OSX. This puzzles me, since this hardware should be capable of such simplistic rendering without much trouble...Is there any way to tweak mutter performance in this regard?

--
Best,
Christopher Svanefalk