-   -   gdm lacks language & kbd layout selection (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/683802-gdm-lacks-language-kbd-layout-selection.html)

Frantisek Hanzlik 07-15-2012 08:05 AM

gdm lacks language & kbd layout selection

It seems as gdm login screen now in F16/F17 not offer language and
keyboard layout selection, thus my question:

- It is possible somewhere in configuration turn on this offer?

- when not, which login manager is able do it? (I switched to Xfce
from F14, thus preferably some one appropriate for this DE)

Thanks, Franta

Frank Murphy 07-15-2012 08:11 AM

gdm lacks language & kbd layout selection

It seems as gdm login screen now in F16/F17 not offer language and
keyboard layout selection, thus my question:

- It is possible somewhere in configuration turn on this offer?

- when not, which login manager is able do it? (I switched to Xfce
from F14, thus preferably some one appropriate for this DE)

Thanks, Franta

You can try lxdm or lightdm

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"