Old 07-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Paolo Galtieri

Default WARNING: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-uWzXtf/pkcs11: No such file or directory

On 07/14/12 13:02, suvayu ali wrote:

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Paolo Galtieri <pgaltieri@gmail.com> wrote:

WARNING: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-uWzXtf/pkcs11: No such file or
directory

I bet you are not using Gnome. This affects all non-Gnome or Unity desktops.

<http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/xfce/2012-July/001392.html>

Suvaya,
that's correct. I'm using KDE. I apologize for not mentioning that
earlier. What's interesting, and may be part of the problem, is that I
run KDE as my desktop; however, when I logout I always get a gnome3
login prompt, specifically gnome-shell --gdm-mode rather than kdm. Why
this is the case I don't know. The workaround of editing the

/etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.desktop

file does resolve the issue; however, I probably wont use it so I'll
know when it's really fixed.

Thanks for the pointer.

Paolo

Old 07-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Sat, 2012-07-14 at 14:37 -0700, Paolo Galtieri wrote:
> What's interesting, and may be part of the problem, is that I
> run KDE as my desktop; however, when I logout I always get a gnome3
> login prompt, specifically gnome-shell --gdm-mode rather than kdm.
> Why this is the case I don't know.

Sounds like you're using gdm instead of kdm as display manager. Do you
have the file /etc/sysconfig/desktop? If not, create it with the single
line:

DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE

and reboot.

poc

Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Paolo Galtieri

What's interesting, and may be part of the problem, is that I
run KDE as my desktop; however, when I logout I always get a gnome3
login prompt, specifically gnome-shell --gdm-mode rather than kdm.
Why this is the case I don't know.

Sounds like you're using gdm instead of kdm as display manager. Do you
have the file /etc/sysconfig/desktop? If not, create it with the single
line:

DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE

and reboot.

poc

Patrick,
thanks for the info. When I installed F16 I installed it with KDE as
the desktop and was running kdm as the display manager. Later I
installed gnome3 and xfce, and somehow gdm became my display manager.
Oh well another Fedora mystery.

Paolo