FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-13-2012, 07:53 AM
Fernando Cassia
 
Default How to get j7u5 openjdk in F17?

Any plans to bring Java 7u5 OpenJDK into F17?

http://jdk7src.sourceforge.net/

Debian's got it
http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/update-5-for-openjdk-7-available/

FC
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Mateusz Marzantowicz
 
Default How to get j7u5 openjdk in F17?

On 13.07.2012 09:53, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> Any plans to bring Java 7u5 OpenJDK into F17?
>
> http://jdk7src.sourceforge.net/
>
> Debian's got it
> http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/update-5-for-openjdk-7-available/
>
> FC

There is 1.7.0.5 package for Fedora 17 but it's not pushed to upstream
repos jet.

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=12373


Mateusz Marzantowicz

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Fernando Cassia
 
Default How to get j7u5 openjdk in F17?

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Mateusz Marzantowicz
<mmarzantowicz@osdf.com.pl> wrote:
> There is 1.7.0.5 package for Fedora 17 but it's not pushed to upstream
> repos jet.

Thanks Mateusz!

FC
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Deepak Bhole
 
Default How to get j7u5 openjdk in F17?

* Fernando Cassia <fcassia@gmail.com> [2012-07-13 14:50]:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Mateusz Marzantowicz
> <mmarzantowicz@osdf.com.pl> wrote:
> > There is 1.7.0.5 package for Fedora 17 but it's not pushed to upstream
> > repos jet.
>
> Thanks Mateusz!
>

Hi,

The current java-1.7.0-openjdk packages in Fedora are u5. There was a
mistake in the rpm release naming whereby the release was not bumped.

The 1.7.0.5 rpms on
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=12373 do not
provide anything additional for x86/x86_64, they are just rebuilds for
fixes for secondary architectures.

Cheers,
Deepak


> FC
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
> Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Mateusz Marzantowicz
 
Default How to get j7u5 openjdk in F17?

On 13.07.2012 22:49, Deepak Bhole wrote:
> * Fernando Cassia <fcassia@gmail.com> [2012-07-13 14:50]:
>> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Mateusz Marzantowicz
>> <mmarzantowicz@osdf.com.pl> wrote:
>>> There is 1.7.0.5 package for Fedora 17 but it's not pushed to upstream
>>> repos jet.
>> Thanks Mateusz!
>>
> Hi,
>
> The current java-1.7.0-openjdk packages in Fedora are u5. There was a
> mistake in the rpm release naming whereby the release was not bumped.
>
> The 1.7.0.5 rpms on
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=12373 do not
> provide anything additional for x86/x86_64, they are just rebuilds for
> fixes for secondary architectures.
>
> Cheers,
> Deepak
>

I'm confused. This is output from my Fedora 17.

$ rpm -qa | grep java
java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel-1.7.0.3-2.2.1.fc17.8.x86_64
java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.3-2.2.1.fc17.8.x86_64

$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_03-icedtea"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (fedora-2.2.1.fc17.8-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.0-b21, mixed mode)


Mateusz Marzantowicz
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Deepak Bhole
 
Default How to get j7u5 openjdk in F17?

* Mateusz Marzantowicz <mmarzantowicz@osdf.com.pl> [2012-07-13 16:58]:
> On 13.07.2012 22:49, Deepak Bhole wrote:
> > * Fernando Cassia <fcassia@gmail.com> [2012-07-13 14:50]:
> >> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Mateusz Marzantowicz
> >> <mmarzantowicz@osdf.com.pl> wrote:
> >>> There is 1.7.0.5 package for Fedora 17 but it's not pushed to upstream
> >>> repos jet.
> >> Thanks Mateusz!
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The current java-1.7.0-openjdk packages in Fedora are u5. There was a
> > mistake in the rpm release naming whereby the release was not bumped.
> >
> > The 1.7.0.5 rpms on
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=12373 do not
> > provide anything additional for x86/x86_64, they are just rebuilds for
> > fixes for secondary architectures.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Deepak
> >
>
> I'm confused. This is output from my Fedora 17.
>
> $ rpm -qa | grep java
> java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel-1.7.0.3-2.2.1.fc17.8.x86_64
> java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.3-2.2.1.fc17.8.x86_64
>
> $ java -version
> java version "1.7.0_03-icedtea"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (fedora-2.2.1.fc17.8-x86_64)
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.0-b21, mixed mode)
>

A mistake as well. The 03 there derives from the same macro that 1.7.0.3
derives its "3" from -- that macro mistakenly was not updated.

The "fedora-2.2.1..." is an indication that this is u5 -- the 2.1.x
series is u3 and 2.2.x series is u5. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
Deepak

>
> Mateusz Marzantowicz
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
> Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Fernando Cassia
 
Default How to get j7u5 openjdk in F17?

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Deepak Bhole <dbhole@redhat.com> wrote:
> A mistake as well. The 03 there derives from the same macro that 1.7.0.3
> derives its "3" from -- that macro mistakenly was not updated.
>
> The "fedora-2.2.1..." is an indication that this is u5 -- the 2.1.x
> series is u3 and 2.2.x series is u5. Sorry for the confusion.
>
> Cheers,
> Deepak

Well, I got this now after rpm --install --force

$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_05-icedtea"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (fedora-2.2.1.fc17.9-i386)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 23.0-b21, mixed mode)

FC
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Deepak Bhole
 
Default How to get j7u5 openjdk in F17?

* Fernando Cassia <fcassia@gmail.com> [2012-07-14 00:07]:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Deepak Bhole <dbhole@redhat.com> wrote:
> > A mistake as well. The 03 there derives from the same macro that 1.7.0.3
> > derives its "3" from -- that macro mistakenly was not updated.
> >
> > The "fedora-2.2.1..." is an indication that this is u5 -- the 2.1.x
> > series is u3 and 2.2.x series is u5. Sorry for the confusion.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Deepak
>
> Well, I got this now after rpm --install --force
>

Right, I fixed it in .9 when I noticed it No code changes though --
just fixed the version info.

Cheers,
Deepak

> $ java -version
> java version "1.7.0_05-icedtea"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (fedora-2.2.1.fc17.9-i386)
> OpenJDK Server VM (build 23.0-b21, mixed mode)
>
> FC
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:45 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org