Old 07-14-2012, 04:13 AM
hakova

Default TeXlive 2012 problem

Timothy Murphy-5 wrote

>> They are built on installation. I think yum reinstall tex-* texlive-*
>> will fix this.
>
> Thanks very much.
> That did indeed solve the problem.

This did not solve my problem.
#yum check-update still lists the same packages to update and
#yum update still reports the very same problem.

Any other thoughts?

Hakan Duran

Old 07-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Timothy Murphy

hakova wrote:

>>> They are built on installation. I think yum reinstall tex-* texlive-*
>>> will fix this.
>>
>> Thanks very much.
>> That did indeed solve the problem.

> This did not solve my problem.
> #yum check-update still lists the same packages to update and
> #yum update still reports the very same problem.
>
> Any other thoughts?

I think the problem I was talking about (as OP) was different to yours,
though I did have your problem earlier.
On this occasion, the problem arose when I tried to latex (or pdflatex)
a file, and I was told the .fmt file was not found.
Yum-reinstallation did solve this problem for me.

For the other problem with yum-update,
I found that yum-removing texlive-preview and yum-installing tex-preview
did the trick.
I have also disabled the fedora-updates-testing repo,
as this is no longer required to meet a problem with the R-core package.

As far as I can see, there has been a big change in the texlive setup
under Fedora-17, with most of the texlive-* packages re-named tex-*.
But it's been working perfectly for me,
as has yum-update which I run every couple of days.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Old 07-15-2012, 04:37 AM
"E. Hakan Duran"

... For the other problem with yum-update, I found that yum-removing
texlive-preview and yum-installing tex-preview did the trick. I have
also disabled the fedora-updates-testing repo, as this is no longer
required to meet a problem with the R-core package. As far as I can
see, there has been a big change in the texlive setup under Fedora-17,
with most of the texlive-* packages re-named tex-*. But it's been
working perfectly for me, as has yum-update which I run every couple
of days.

Thanks a lot Timothy. Removing texlive-preview and installing
tex-preview did the trick as you suggested.

Hakan