Old 07-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Frank Murphy

Default Fedora 18 and UEFI onlist

On 07/07/12 13:48, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 07.07.2012 14:45, schrieb Frank Murphy:

On 07/07/12 13:34, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 07.07.2012 14:19, schrieb Frank Murphy:

On 07/07/12 12:58, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:

I think we are bigger enough to say no and buy only hardware compatible.

Not my first choice.
Been left with Old hardware as only option no thanks.

who said that?

there is a big enough market with customers which will
make the pressure to the manufacturers to produce
recent hardware where you can urn off secure boot

Verified Statistics please?

BUSINESS CUSTOMERS

Not an answer.

do you really think vendors like HP would be stoopid enough
to ignore their business customers? and yes the business
machines have much better quality and are not too expensive
or in many cases cheaper than the customer-crap most people
buy

How many Fedora users, buy Business servers?

Fedora is NOT relevant

see _below_

the point is that business-customers hardly needing to
install they os and platforms which are needed for their
business

so this inculudes NAY free operating system not only Fedora

The tread is about _Fedora_

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"