Old 07-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Jim

Default SOLVED: sda2 is corrupted

Will guys I want to thank all of you that help me on this project.

This computer crashed four days after I gave it to my friend ,he
said he just exited from playing his Games to logging onto the
internet with Firefox. and something popped up about robo..........
and he could not restart computer.

It would come up to "rescue grub" at bootup, I checked the
partitions with gparted it changed the* / an /home partitions to
"UNKNOWN".* It crashed two partitions

I finally got the img of sda2 on to external hard drive 26gb.

Then I did a e2fsck /dev/sda2 it took e2fsck about 45 mins to fix
the sda2 partition , One of Two users /home directories was totally
gone , the one tjhat was being used at CRASH time.* But the one that
was not being used and had the important data to be saved was still
intact.

I have never seen a Linux computer crashed this bad.

THANK GOD FOR THE GUYS THAT DEVELOPE* E2FSCK.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Richard Vickery

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Jim <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:

[...]

*You ought to back everything up on an external drive for this person.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Jim

On 07/06/2012 03:01 PM, Richard Vickery

*
You ought to back everything up on an external drive for
this person.

I'am going to put it on my backup hard drive and take it over to my
friends house and put it onto his brand new 500gb backup hard drive
and let him pull off the files he needs.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Joe Wulf

Good for you.* Glad you achieved some lessons learned and success in getting some data back!Now you can have a great weekend!

Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Steven Stern

On 07/06/2012 02:13 PM, Jim wrote:

>> THANK GOD FOR THE GUYS THAT DEVELOPE¬ E2FSCK.
>>
>> ¬
>> You ought to back everything up on an external drive for this person.
>>

> I'am going to put it on my backup hard drive and take it over to my
> friends house and put it onto his brand new 500gb backup hard drive and
> let him pull off the files he needs.

Did anything show up in the /lost+found directory?

--
-- Steve

Old 07-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Mike Wright