Old 07-06-2012, 04:19 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default XFCE Panel config

Is it possible to have a workspace that has the panel set to autohide whereas all
other workspaces have it set not to hide?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 07-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Bill Davidsen

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

Is it possible to have a workspace that has the panel set to autohide whereas all
other workspaces have it set not to hide?

I'm not an expert, but I like the idea and did some poking around. As far as I
can tell, the panel is shared on all workspaces, and you can't do that. Some
expert might have a way to do what you want via an applet on the workspace, but
the behavior seems shared. You will have to share the behavior, I believe.

I did learn a little by poking around, so time well spent!

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

Old 07-06-2012, 08:22 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>I'm not an expert, but I like the idea and did some poking around. As far as I
>can tell, the panel is shared on all workspaces, and you can't do that. Some
>expert might have a way to do what you want via an applet on the workspace, but
>the behavior seems shared. You will have to share the behavior, I believe.
>
>I did learn a little by poking around, so time well spent!

I suppose I could come at this another way, I needed a crappy vnc session whose
host res I couldn't set just right, but it did match my main monitor, full screening it
proved sufficient, problem is to cycle work spaces I need to exit full screen mode.

Not as quick, but sufficient.

Thanks for the help!
jlc