Old 07-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Phil Savoie

Default changing a read-only file to rw

On 07/06/2012 11:15 AM, Jim wrote:

mount -o remount,rw /

I trying to write on to /media/backup , but it is a read-only file sys,
how do I change it to rw. the above command is not doing it.

Hi Jim,

You could try as the root user changing the permissions of /media/backup.

# chmod 777 /media/backup

and see if this works.

Phil
--
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)

Old 07-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Jim

On 07/06/2012 11:19 AM, Reindl Harald