Old 07-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Jim

Default changing a read-only file to rw

mount -o remount,rw /

I trying to write on to /media/backup , but it is a read-only file sys,
how do I change it to rw. the above command is not doing it.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Reindl Harald

Am 06.07.2012 17:15, schrieb Jim:
> mount -o remount,rw /
>
> I trying to write on to /media/backup , but it is a read-only file sys, how do I change it to rw. the above command
> is not doing it.

so there must be a reson why it is only mounted read-only

again:
what does "dmesg" say or what appears in /var/log/messages
after trying tou remount RW - it is laways the same: without
providing any information nobody can help you