Old 07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Frank Murphy

Default Please Relax was: And don't let the door hit you on the way out

Replying to no person in particular.

Can the thread die please.
Someone doesn't like Fedoras default options.
Some agree some don't, but it's an opinion,
just as valid as any other.

The world is not collapsing.
Build a bridge, move on.

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 07-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Richard Vickery

Someone doesn't like Fedoras default options.

Some agree some don't, but it's an opinion,

just as valid as any other.

The world is not collapsing.

Build a bridge, move on.

Frank

"Jack of all, fubars"

I concur wholeheartedly! Please, can we just move on?*
Best Regards,Richard

Old 07-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Christopher Svanefalk

*passes the muffin tray around*

Someone doesn't like Fedoras default options.

Some agree some don't, but it's an opinion,

just as valid as any other.

The world is not collapsing.

Build a bridge, move on.

Frank

"Jack of all, fubars"

I concur wholeheartedly! Please, can we just move on?*
Best Regards,Richard

Best,
Christopher Svanefalk

Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Robert Myers

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Richard Vickery
<richard.vickeryrv@gmail.com> wrote:

> I concur wholeheartedly! Please, can we just move on?

If you're in a waiting room or on public transit with someone using a
cell-phone, you are going to hear half the conversation, whether you
want to or not. My e-mail inbox is jammed full of stuff I don't
read. People here don't realize that an Internet thread and a cell
phone conversation in a public place work differently? It's worse
than I thought. You don't need anyone's permission, concurrence, or
anything else to move on. Just move on.

Robert Myers.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Richard Vickery

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Robert Myers <rbmyersusa@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Richard Vickery

<richard.vickeryrv@gmail.com> wrote:

> I concur wholeheartedly! Please, can we just move on?

If you're in a waiting room or on public transit with someone using a

cell-phone, you are going to hear half the conversation, whether you

want to or not. * My e-mail inbox is jammed full of stuff I don't

read. *People here don't realize that an Internet thread and a cell

phone conversation in a public place work differently? *It's worse

than I thought. *You don't need anyone's permission, concurrence, or

anything else to move on. *Just move on.

Robert Myers.

Hi Robert,
You just proved our point that your contribution is not worthy of respect, and since you think your words are worthless amusement, why waste your time amusing/annoying us with it? Why make such a rude spectacle/case study of yourself? Why create a poly-logue - as opposed to a dialogue (between two) - with such a spotlight where everyone knows you in a negative light? Most people I would think, and most people on the Fedora lists - or any Linux list - want to make positive contributions, and be known in a positive light.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Robert Myers

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Richard Vickery
<richard.vickeryrv@gmail.com> wrote:

> You just proved our point that your contribution is not worthy of respect,
> and since you think your words are worthless amusement, why waste your time
> amusing/annoying us with it? Why make such a rude spectacle/case study of
> yourself? Why create a poly-logue - as opposed to a dialogue (between two) -
> with such a spotlight where everyone knows you in a negative light? Most
> people I would think, and most people on the Fedora lists - or any Linux
> list - want to make positive contributions, and be known in a positive
> light.

And your credentials/compulsion to turn others into better people
comes from... where? You, not I, have chosen to make this personal,
and you really don't want to know what I think of you, nor would I
waste time trying to tell you. You don't have to read or respond to
anything. Just how thick are you?

Robert Myers.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Richard Vickery

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Robert Myers <rbmyersusa@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Richard Vickery

<richard.vickeryrv@gmail.com> wrote:

> You just proved our point that your contribution is not worthy of respect,

> and since you think your words are worthless amusement, why waste your time

> amusing/annoying us with it? Why make such a rude spectacle/case study of

> yourself? Why create a poly-logue - as opposed to a dialogue (between two) -

> with such a spotlight where everyone knows you in a negative light? Most

> people I would think, and most people on the Fedora lists - or any Linux

> list - want to make positive contributions, and be known in a positive

> light.

And your credentials/compulsion to turn others into better people

comes from... where? *You, not I, have chosen to make this personal,

and you really don't want to know what I think of you, nor would I

waste time trying to tell you. *You don't have to read or respond to

anything. *Just how thick are you?

Robert Myers.

Please do remember that this goes out to the community, and not just to me. I don't believe they take kindly to threats, if indeed that is your purpose.*

My credentials come from Simon Fraser University in the political science department. As to how thick I am: if you really want an answer, I encourage you to read up on what Qigong does for its practitioners; I am both, and at the same time, as thick as diamonds and as thin as the Higgs-field.

Does this satisfy your curiousity?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Robert Myers

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Richard Vickery
<richard.vickeryrv@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please do remember that this goes out to the community, and not just to me.
> I don't believe they take kindly to threats, if indeed that is your purpose.
>
> My credentials come from Simon Fraser University in the political science
> department. As to how thick I am: if you really want an answer, I encourage
> you to read up on what Qigong does for its practitioners; I am both, and at
> the same time, as thick as diamonds and as thin as the Higgs-field.
>
> Does this satisfy your curiousity?

If you don't even know what a rhetorical question is, then you can't
very well Google it, so let me help you out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question

I've been using the Internet since when it was Arpanet, I've seen
hackers at work when hacking meant standing at a telephone with a tone
generator and reading the Bell System Technical Journal, and I know
very well how a mailing-list works. If I didn't want to tell the
entire world I think you an intrusive busybody, I would have mailed
you privately.

As to what your actual technical capabilities might be, I'm sure I
wouldn't be competent to judge them, just as I am quite certain that
you are not competent to judge mine--and I really don't care, anyway.

Robert Myers.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Joe Zeff

On 07/06/2012 12:14 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:

My credentials come from Simon Fraser University in the political
science department. As to how thick I am: if you really want an answer,
I encourage you to read up on what Qigong does for its practitioners; I
am both, and at the same time, as thick as diamonds and as thin as the
Higgs-field.

I have a friend how has, among other things, a PhD in Poly Sci. Unlike
you, he knows better than to try to put out a fire by throwing gasoline
on it. Of course, he may have learned that while earning his PhD in
Psyc, but I suspect that it's simply because, deep down, he's a
gentleman. I'm not saying that you aren't, because I don't know
anything about you other than what I've seen on this mailing list, but I
will say that I've not seen any evidence that you are.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Alan Cox

> I've been using the Internet since when it was Arpanet.

Thats a long time not to have learned when to take stuff off list as a
matter of good manners.

Alan