Old 07-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Joe Zeff

Default F17 cursor problem : request

On 07/07/2012 05:08 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Under Gnome, if you open Advanced Settings --> Theme --> Cursor
theme you can select different cursor themes including different
colors and sizes. The only hard part is that you do not get a preview.

Interesting. Under Xfce, when you go to Settings->Mouse->Theme, you not
only get to set the size of the cursor you get a preview of all the
various shapes. Except, that is, for the Default, which doesn't show
you a preview. Just to be thorough, would somebody using KDE tell us
what you get there?

Old 07-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Ed Greshko

On 07/08/2012 09:23 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 07/07/2012 05:08 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> Under Gnome, if you open Advanced Settings --> Theme --> Cursor
>> theme you can select different cursor themes including different
>> colors and sizes. The only hard part is that you do not get a preview.
>
> Interesting. Under Xfce, when you go to Settings->Mouse->Theme, you not only get
> to set the size of the cursor you get a preview of all the various shapes. Except,
> that is, for the Default, which doesn't show you a preview. Just to be thorough,
> would somebody using KDE tell us what you get there?

You get previews for all installed cursor theme, including "default". You get size
selections only if available in the cursor theme.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage

Old 07-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Beartooth

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 19:08:13 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

[....]
> Under Gnome, if you open Advanced Settings --> Theme --> Cursor theme
> you can select different cursor themes including different colors and
> sizes. The only hard part is that you do not get a preview.

Well, I went to the machine actually running Gnome 3 -- and
couldn't find Advanced Settings ... :-{

Old 07-09-2012, 12:02 AM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"