Support for HUAWEI E1820 HSDPA 3G / 4G USB Modem
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Bill Davidsen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Antonio M wrote:
2012/7/5 Bill Davidsen <email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>>
* * JD wrote:
* * * * Hi All,
* * * * I was planning to purchase one of these.
* * * * Is it supported in Fedora?
* * Got a spec telling what chipset it uses? I admit that some of the stuff I
* * use does require a vendor driver, although the kernel stuff is getting better.
* * --
* * Bill Davidsen <email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>>
* * * *"We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from
* * the machinations of the wicked." *- from Slashdot
* * --
* * users mailing list
* * email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
* * To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
* * https://admin.fedoraproject.__org/mailman/listinfo/users
* * <https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users>
* * Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/__Mailing_list_guidelines
* * <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines>
* * Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
In the latest usb_modeswitch (as per Fedora 17) it sounds as supported!!!!
Then we shall wait for a report from JD how it works for him. He can try it from a LiveCD if he isn't ready to upgrade, assuming he still wishes to go ahead and get ont one.
Thanks for the test!
Got in touch with a provider in my area..... and YOWZA!!! the cost is too rich for my
wallet! They have 5GB data limit of high speed - once you exhaust that, it
switches to dialup speed of 64Kbit/s. all that for ... all told
(fees and taxes and what not) $60/mo.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org