Old 07-04-2012, 06:25 PM
JD

Default Support for HUAWEI E1820 HSDPA 3G / 4G USB Modem

Hi All,
I was planning to purchase one of these.
Is it supported in Fedora?

Old 07-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Roger

On 05/07/12 04:25, JD wrote:

Hi All,

I was planning to purchase one of these.

Is it supported in Fedora?

Not easily

We have had trouble both on ubuntu and fedora 16

Roger

Old 07-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Bill Davidsen

JD wrote:

Hi All,
I was planning to purchase one of these.
Is it supported in Fedora?

Got a spec telling what chipset it uses? I admit that some of the stuff I use
does require a vendor driver, although the kernel stuff is getting better.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Antonio M

I was planning to purchase one of these.

Is it supported in Fedora?

Got a spec telling what chipset it uses? I admit that some of the stuff I use does require a vendor driver, although the kernel stuff is getting better.

--

Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

* "We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from

the machinations of the wicked." *- from Slashdot

In the latest usb_modeswitch (as per Fedora 17) it sounds as supported!!!!
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52

Linux Fedora 17 Beefy Miracle

Old 07-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Bill Davidsen

Antonio M wrote:

I was planning to purchase one of these.
Is it supported in Fedora?

Got a spec telling what chipset it uses? I admit that some of the stuff I
use does require a vendor driver, although the kernel stuff is getting better.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com <mailto:davidsen@tmr.com>>

In the latest usb_modeswitch (as per Fedora 17) it sounds as supported!!!!

Then we shall wait for a report from JD how it works for him. He can try it from
a LiveCD if he isn't ready to upgrade, assuming he still wishes to go ahead and
get ont one.

Thanks for the test!

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

Old 07-05-2012, 08:10 PM
JD

* * * * I was planning to purchase one of these.

* * * * Is it supported in Fedora?

* * Got a spec telling what chipset it uses? I admit that some of the stuff I

* * use does require a vendor driver, although the kernel stuff is getting better.

* * --

* * Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com <mailto:davidsen@tmr.com>>

* * * *"We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from

* * the machinations of the wicked." *- from Slashdot

* * --

* * users mailing list

* * users@lists.fedoraproject.org <mailto:users@lists.fedoraproject.org>

* * To unsubscribe or change subscription options:

* * Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/__Mailing_list_guidelines

* * <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines>

* * Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org

In the latest usb_modeswitch (as per Fedora 17) it sounds as supported!!!!

Then we shall wait for a report from JD how it works for him. He can try it from a LiveCD if he isn't ready to upgrade, assuming he still wishes to go ahead and get ont one.

Thanks for the test!

Got in touch with a provider in my area..... and YOWZA!!! the cost is too rich for my
wallet! They have 5GB data limit of high speed - once you exhaust that, it

switches to dialup speed of 64Kbit/s. all that for ... all told
(fees and taxes and what not) $60/mo.