FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
"n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"
 
Default USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Stevo Slavić
 
Default USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

Unsubscribing is not an option, Your ass & soul is 0wn3d by the mailing list!

Dude, how hard could it be to figure out how to unsubscribe from mailing list.

Google for "fedora users mailing list unsubscribe" and you may be saved


Even more hints at: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Unsubscribing

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 <n2xssvv.g02gfr12930@ntlworld.com> wrote:



--

users mailing list

users@lists.fedoraproject.org

To unsubscribe or change subscription options:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Ed Greshko
 
Default USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

If you want to be unsubscribed, but have found that you can't due to some issue, then
send an email to users-owner@lists.fedoraproject.org and ask them to unsubscribe you
manually.

The list owners don't regularly read the list. So, they may not see your request here.

--
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke
of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-04-2012, 09:03 AM
"n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"
 
Default USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

On 07/04/2012 09:57 AM, Ed Greshko
wrote:



If you want to be unsubscribed, but have found that you can't due to some issue, then
send an email to users-owner@lists.fedoraproject.org and ask them to unsubscribe you
manually.

The list owners don't regularly read the list. So, they may not see your request here.



Thank you
for that useful reply, and as you can see I have forwarded my
request to be unsubscribed to the address you gave.





--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Michael Schwendt
 
Default USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 16:57:44 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> If you want to be unsubscribed, but have found that you can't due to some issue, then
> send an email to users-owner@lists.fedoraproject.org and ask them to unsubscribe you
> manually.
>
> The list owners don't regularly read the list. So, they may not see your request here.
>

User has not lost access to this email address. No list-owner help is
necessary. It's trivial to visit the following page, enter the email
address at the bottom and then either "Unsubscribe" (or, optionally, trigger
the "Password reminder" with the goal of logging in to the web site to play
with other options).

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/options/users

Anybody can request unsubscription of an arbitrary email address, btw, and
the process is protected with a confirmation message the subscriber must
react to.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Ed Greshko
 
Default USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

On 07/04/2012 05:40 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> User has not lost access to this email address. No list-owner help is
> necessary. It's trivial to visit the following page, enter the email
> address at the bottom and then either "Unsubscribe" (or, optionally, trigger
> the "Password reminder" with the goal of logging in to the web site to play
> with other options).
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> -> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/options/users
>
> Anybody can request unsubscription of an arbitrary email address, btw, and
> the process is protected with a confirmation message the subscriber must
> react to.

When I read the other posts I got the impression that the OP had gone through the
unsubscribe process, but is still getting list mail. Then, tried to unsubscribe
again, but can't login to the list page to do it again.

If that is what is going on I see no harm in contacting the list owners and asking
them to perform a bit of manual labor.


--
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke
of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Michael Schwendt
 
Default USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 17:44:12 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 07/04/2012 05:40 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > User has not lost access to this email address. No list-owner help is
> > necessary. It's trivial to visit the following page, enter the email
> > address at the bottom and then either "Unsubscribe" (or, optionally, trigger
> > the "Password reminder" with the goal of logging in to the web site to play
> > with other options).
> >
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> > -> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/options/users
> >
> > Anybody can request unsubscription of an arbitrary email address, btw, and
> > the process is protected with a confirmation message the subscriber must
> > react to.
>
> When I read the other posts I got the impression that the OP had gone through the
> unsubscribe process, but is still getting list mail. Then, tried to unsubscribe
> again, but can't login to the list page to do it again.

Well, we can only guess, and we could waste time with trying to reproduce
the problem. But in either case, it is _not_ necessary to login to the
list page for the unsubscription button.

I see no immediate reason why unsubscribing should not work anymore.

> If that is what is going on I see no harm in contacting the list owners and asking
> them to perform a bit of manual labor.

No harm, but increased risk that the list owner(s) will be flooded with such
requests unnecessarily by lazy people who could unsubscribe themselves.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Ed Greshko
 
Default USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

On 07/04/2012 05:51 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> No harm, but increased risk that the list owner(s) will be flooded with such
> requests unnecessarily by lazy people who could unsubscribe themselves.

I am pretty sure that my mentioning it isn't going to cause a flood of workload for
anyone. Besides their email address is already known.

I wouldn't characterize people as lazy who have problems with computer systems. If I
did, I'd have to call my parents lazy. :-)

This is a one-off situation that hardly ever comes up on this list.


--
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke
of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Reindl Harald
 
Default USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

Am 04.07.2012 12:03, schrieb Ed Greshko:
> On 07/04/2012 05:51 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> No harm, but increased risk that the list owner(s) will be flooded with such
>> requests unnecessarily by lazy people who could unsubscribe themselves.
>
> I am pretty sure that my mentioning it isn't going to cause a flood of workload for
> anyone. Besides their email address is already known.

that does not matter, the way to go is with the link in the
footer or reading mail-headers which are in each mail of
any mailing-list

Reply-To: Community support for Fedora users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
List-Id: Community support for Fedora users <users.lists.fedoraproject.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/options/users>,
<mailto:users-request@lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=unsubscrib e>
List-Archive: <http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/>
List-Post: <mailto:users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
List-Help: <mailto:users-request@lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users>,
<mailto:users-request@lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=subscribe>
Sender: users-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org
Errors-To: users-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org

> I wouldn't characterize people as lazy who have problems with computer systems.
> If I did, I'd have to call my parents lazy :-)

not reading mail-footers and naively post to the whole list "unsubscribe me"
is a combination of lazy/dumb - what do such people expect? that anybody
can unsubscribe everyone just for fun - this is not realistic





--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 07-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Ed Greshko
 
Default USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

On 07/04/2012 06:08 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>
> Am 04.07.2012 12:03, schrieb Ed Greshko:
>> On 07/04/2012 05:51 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>> No harm, but increased risk that the list owner(s) will be flooded with such
>>> requests unnecessarily by lazy people who could unsubscribe themselves.
>> I am pretty sure that my mentioning it isn't going to cause a flood of workload for
>> anyone. Besides their email address is already known.
> that does not matter, the way to go is with the link in the
> footer or reading mail-headers which are in each mail of
> any mailing-list
>
> Reply-To: Community support for Fedora users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
> List-Id: Community support for Fedora users <users.lists.fedoraproject.org>
> List-Unsubscribe: <https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/options/users>,
> <mailto:users-request@lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=unsubscrib e>
> List-Archive: <http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/>
> List-Post: <mailto:users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
> List-Help: <mailto:users-request@lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=help>
> List-Subscribe: <https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users>,
> <mailto:users-request@lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=subscribe>
> Sender: users-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org
> Errors-To: users-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org
>
>> I wouldn't characterize people as lazy who have problems with computer systems.
>> If I did, I'd have to call my parents lazy :-)
> not reading mail-footers and naively post to the whole list "unsubscribe me"
> is a combination of lazy/dumb - what do such people expect? that anybody
> can unsubscribe everyone just for fun - this is not realistic
>

While you are basically correct, it seemed as if the OP had gone along this path but
somehow finds himself in a situation where he got a confirmation of un-subscription
but is still getting list emails.

Rather than argue endlessly about how to do it, who is right....and on and on. Going
to the list owners is reasonable.

Like I said, my parents....who are neither lazy nor dumb....have found themselves in
situations they could not understand and get around. So, they make a phone call and
get "customer support".

So... Since the OP seems satisfied with taking that route...maybe it would be a good
idea to just let this drop? And, since the OP wants to be un-subscribed, we need not
reply to him. Pretend he doesn't exist?

--
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke
of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:26 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org