Old 06-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Reindl Harald

Default Debugging a system freeze?

Am 18.06.2012 12:44, schrieb agraham:
>> Reindl - no offense, but do you know anything at all about overclocking?
>> Let alone how suitable the 3930K is for it, and how well it scales? If not,
>> there are several helpful resources you can consult, I recommend this one:
>>
>> http://www.overclock.net/t/1189242/sandy-bridge-e-overclocking-guide-walk-through-explanations-and-support-for-all-x79-overclockers

i know enough about IT at all to know that it is just dumb to
run hardware outside the SPECs and if doing so wonder about
stability issues

modern CPUs are most of the time in energy saving mode
why? because there is no need to run alwas at full speed

having system freezes after and while overclocking and wonder about is strange

Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Christopher Svanefalk

>> Reindl - no offense, but do you know anything at all about overclocking?

>> Let alone how suitable the 3930K is for it, and how well it scales? If not,

>> there are several helpful resources you can consult, I recommend this one:

>> http://www.overclock.net/t/1189242/sandy-bridge-e-overclocking-guide-walk-through-explanations-and-support-for-all-x79-overclockers

i know enough about IT at all to know that it is just dumb to

run hardware outside the SPECs and if doing so wonder about

stability issues

...even when the hardware is MEANT to be overclocked?*

modern CPUs are most of the time in energy saving mode

why? because there is no need to run alwas at full speed

My cpu runs under 100% load 24/7, crunching simulations for the Folding@Home project, so for me the extra cycles are significant.
*

having system freezes after and while overclocking and wonder about is strange

Yes, true, if you are doing it wrong. The CPU is perfectly stable at this voltage, hence why I wanted to know if other components could be involved.*

Best,
Christopher Svanefalk

Old 06-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Joe Zeff