Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Jim

Default compiling mtpfs ?

Fedora 15

[root@BigOne mtpfs-1.1]# ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for FUSE... yes
checking for MTP... no
configure: error: Package requirements (libmtp >= 1.1.0) were not met:

Requested 'libmtp >= 1.1.0' but version of libmtp is 1.0.6

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables MTP_CFLAGS
and MTP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Mark LaPierre

checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for FUSE... yes
checking for MTP... no
configure: error: Package requirements (libmtp >= 1.1.0) were not met:

Requested 'libmtp >= 1.1.0' but version of libmtp is 1.0.6

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables MTP_CFLAGS
and MTP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Did you try

# yum update libmtp

--
_
/(_)

Old 05-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Ed Greshko

On 05/29/2012 04:35 AM, Jim wrote:
> Requested 'libmtp >= 1.1.0' but version of libmtp is 1.0.6
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables MTP_CFLAGS
> and MTP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.

You are using F15. All of the above is true. F15 currently has
libmtp-1.0.6-5.fc15.i686.rpm.

Your choices.....

Use an older version of mtpfs which uses an earlier version of libmtp

or

Upgrade to, at least, F16 which has libmtp-1.1.3-2.fc16.i686

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage